CONVEX is represented in North America by Insensation Inc. – a company specialized in minimalist interior and exterior doors.
CONVEX is a vertically integrated manufacturing company. Processing various metals and alloys like brass, aluminium, zink based die castings, stainless steel, copper etc. The total of the production sequence is been carried out within our facilities. In this way the whole production process is fully controlled by our people. This fact enables us to have substantial flexibility and allows us to respond to numerous requests by customers who ask for the production of various products with different dimensions in the international market.
CONVEX’ s production departments include:
• Product design. A fully equipped machine shop where from a product design a mould is manufactured to be used as a production tool in the casting process.
• Die – Casting. With zamak and bronze at 3 casting presses
• Automatic lathes for the production of machined parts from brass and aluminium. Max diameter to be produced is Ø60mm.
• Machining department using transfer machines specially built for our production needs. Cutting presses, drilling and sawing machines are also used for the finalizing of the dimensional and functional part of our products.
• Vibratory finishing is performed as the initial stage of metal finishing. There are also numerous hand operated or automatic machines for the abrasive finishing process.
• Finishing department where final polishing is performed either in satin or bright appearance. Transfer and robotic machines are used depending on the part size and geometry.
• Electroplating department where a fully automatic plant PLC controlled with 7 carriers and 70 tanks is processing the total of our produced semi finished parts. Metals to be processed include brass, zamak, copper, aluminium and stainless steel .Processes include copper plating, bright nickel, satin nickel , matt nickel plating, brass and chromium plating , electrophoretic lacquering with post dyes. Capacity to treat parts until 2,8 meter long and 1,3 m height.
• Electrostatic powder coating and metal oxidizing is performed to a separate department thus concluding the whole of the final treatment processes for our products.
• Quality control is a separate and most important department where controls are performed in order to check whether our products meet the standards we have specified via our Quality control system.
• The final stage involves fixing, assembling and packaging of the finished products ready to be stored prior to selling through our distribution network.